|2018-01-01 - 2018-12-18
|Runs during school holidays
|Related to WCED
Ek Sê is a one hour, daily (Monday - Friday), live magazine programme. The programme is produced by and for youth including a group of 15 interns and volunteers who benefit from on-the-job training at CTV as well as a network of community-based youth structures and film schools who submit community-generated content for inclusion in the show. Ek Sê targets 16 - 28 year olds on the Cape flats and is aimed at:
• Providing a platform for youth to engage in a conversation about challenges and opportunities in education and training.
• Promoting youth peer education on health and social development issues such as substance abuse, gangsterism, teenage pregnancy and STD's;
• Celebrating youth culture and showcasing local talent in the performing and visual arts;
• Creating training and employment opportunities in television for unemployed youth;
• Highlighting economic opportunities including enterprise development and job skills.
The one hour show is divided into 15 minutes segments covering a wide range of topics including current affairs, social development issues, science & technology, sports, fashion, education & careers, health & sexuality, events, arts and entertainment. If it is funky and fresh, you will find it on Ek Sè.
Through inserts, events coverage, music videos, social media, community-generated content, studio debates and interviews the show provides a platform for the range of opportunities, innovations and alternatives that are available to the youth today.
< 25 - Learners
Programme Running Days & times at Centre
16:00:00 - 17:00:00