||2019-01-09 - 2019-12-04
|Runs during school holidays
|Related to WCED
This programme commenced in 2015. Intermediate phase teachers from these schools who teach Mathematics, attend one-hour workshops in the afternoons after school, on a weekly basis (approximately 8 workshops per term).
Programme design process.
• establishing in the learners a strong foundational knowledge of Maths tables, bonds and general numeracy skills through the Mental Maths programme
• building learners’ knowledge of the concepts required in the curriculum with the emphasis on the use of concrete materials leading to understanding followed by targeted practice
• equipping teachers with a sound knowledge and understanding of the subject
• improving teaching skills and methodology covering concepts required by the WCED CAPS curriculum
• developing effective assessment tools and processes
, , , , , , ,
> 1000 - Teachers
Programme Running Days & times at Centre
15:00:00 - 16:00:00